Your Questions Answered!
1. How is your approach different than what I've tried before?
-Conventional treatment for autoimmune disease is aimed at turning off the bodies immune system to stop it from attacking itself. Unfortunately, these drugs have many side effects, and leave you susceptible to infections. We need our immune system! Our approach surrounds finding the cause of the immune system over-activation, such as food intolerance, or chronic infection, and supporting the body in recovering without the use of harsh drugs.
2. What if I'm still taking medications to manage my symptoms? Should I stop?
-Nope, conventional medicines are important for keeping your symptoms under control while we work on supporting your bodies natural healing process. Our goal is for you to not need medication one day, but we don't have to start there day one.
3. I've tried cutting gluten or other foods, and didn't notice any benefit?
-Everyone is different! What someone else reacts to may be totally different than what you react to! There are also many chemicals and environmental irritants other than foods that may be worsening your symptoms, or things your diet may be deficient in. Elimination isn't always the answer, sometimes we have to add it support. We'll address all of this in our 2 hour new patient intake to determine these causes and tailor a plan to your situation.
4. I've been told there is no cure for autoimmune disease?
- There is no conventional medical cure for most autoimmune conditions, only management of symptoms. The body will continue to attack itself until the causative factor is corrected. While we don't claim to cure autoimmune disease, we do help you eliminate the cause of immune over activation , which can lead to remission of your disease. We improve the terrain so the body can work on healing itself.
5. Do I have to do a lot of blood work for this? What if I already have labs?
-Chances are your rheumatologist or other doctor has done a host of conventional blood work and testing, that we'd love to see too. While we won't need to repeat the same labs, we may recommend you get testing they may not have ordered that is aimed at addressing the root cause of your immune system overdrive.
6. Do you work with things other than autoimmune conditions?
-Of course! Autoimmunity is just where we specialize. Our providers were trained in general family practice. We'd be happy to work with your friends or family that may have non-autoimmune based conditions that are looking for a natural way to improve their health.